Thursday 11 February 2010

Producing!

Ok so I've began Producing on two groups for the post production project and I'm helping out as best I can also with their projects. I have collected Contact information for both groups and compiled two Contact sheets. I've done both groups calenders and been on location filming with both. I'm currently working up some Gantt charts for both of them.

My First group. 
Simon Acty, Matthew Luxton & Lee Dutfield

I've been involved with this Idea from the start essentially although Matt and Simon took their creative juices a flowing, Their initial Idea was a trailer for a feature film kind of thing which was reminiscent of "The Secret Garden" or "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe". The Idea to have a main protagonist sucked into a book and taken on an adventure through a fantasy world. The Idea has been cut down to a single scene involving the main character walking to a ruined shrine and opening the book and the book's magic being released. 

This Idea is going to focus a lot on Particle effects from the book, and changing the setting. The book is also going to have effects such as a burning letter effect and animations upon the page or so I believe. So far I have helped Simon on the Director role, helping him pick shots, we went out on a recci the week before I was appointed Producer. Taking shots of the vale and places we could use for the actual peice before settling on a ruined area in the middle of Kennel Vale. 

I then Set them up their calender for work which so far has been well kept to and we're time in hand. Just what I wanted as a producer. At the moment I have set Lee working on 3 Matte paintings for use in places. And today as I write this, Matty and Si are getting the renders to get working on. So far this group is working well. Although Lee seems to be segregated from the others, I hope to get them all working as a Team. This proves hard as it's not exactly my "Job" I am still just their housemate, but I'm doing my best as a Producer to work it out. I know that the respect of a producer isn't probably what I have between them. But I want to help them with all I can. I guess this gives me a chance to prove myself. I know Simon and Matt are working to their upmost to make this project something they can be proud of. I think they've settled on using Adobe After effects for their particle work. 





Second Group.
Orla McElroy & Alex Joleaf

I only really got together with these guys this Monday, Orla and Alex are fantastically ambitious in their project and it sounds as if it will be really good. They plan to do a 30 second clip of a music video for one of Alex's friend's band. Integrating 2D with live action environments, They are also filming at Kennel Vale. The first thing I really got to do with these guys was talk about what they planned to get done, I didn't want to stunt their creativity, but I know it's going to be a lot of work, and I know Alex said he planned to do a lot of work outside of University hours. So as the producer, I worked to Uni hours and set up a calender for them also to follow, which to my surprise Alex said he was very impressed with. I have since then changed a few things as this week didn't go as planned and they've taken a few more days to film, which is cutting into the days we had planned for tracking footage, but the two of them again are doing a fantastic job. I bumped into them at the Vale the other day whilst working with Simon and Matt to get footage. I get the idea with this group I'm going to end up pushing a lot toward the end, but I might be wrong. I really hope it comes to fruition for them cause both of them are working really hard with it. My worry was with the Animation coming first but they both assure me that the Animation and comping will be done together, so they'll not be without a finished article at the end.

Orla and Alex's schedule runs like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment